20090330 West Fork Farting Around

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Haven't been out in a while, convinced my buddy to go for a hike since none of my young/close friends do anything physical. We just end up eating, standing around, and talking, usually.

Wanted to try out a small crappy crag for mixed climbing practice, but that didn't go so hot, so we went for a hike. Wanted to go up Burrito Peak, but I figured we'd try to go up from the eastern parking lot instead, and go up the shorter scree ramps. The normal scree ramps suck to go up in a group, with falling rock.

Didn't even cross the river, didn't feel like crossing it etc etc, so etc blah blah. Pics.

GARBAGE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This little crag could almost be worthwhile...

Burrito Peak

Small crag near West Fork lot. Downsloping holds, few useful cracks, and not high enough.

Nice weather, though.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

That didn't look like any West Fork I've been to. Where exactly was that?

And DAMN!!!! I hate all that trash out there. I've been on the West Fork, East Fork and North Fork pretty recent and thought it was looking pretty decent compared to how it was a couple years ago, but dang, that is pretty bad. The North Fork right now near the closed gate is getting heavily used right now by some folks that are leaving sh#t everywhere. If only I were a honey badger (we need to call Zach for that one).
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

This is under WF bridge, by the road that hits Cogswell Dam.

GARBAGE LAND