Out of Curiosity...

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
Zach

Post by Zach »

The caption to this picture read, " Rick Kent at approx. 11,900' on Casaval Ridge: April 8, 2007 (Photo: Miguel Forjan)."

Rick is this you? That's a SICK photo!

EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Is he wearing an oxygen mask? Or rebreather?

Gotta be an oxygen mask.

Did they move Casaval Ridge up to 19,000'? :shock:

Cool pic though.

Zach, Alex - that'll be us in one month. WooHoo!!!
MikeSash

Post by MikeSash »

Thats Rick alright on casaval. Not an oxygen mask haha! Looks like a headlamp. Badass photo by Miguel.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

MikeSash wrote:Thats Rick alright on casaval. Not an oxygen mask haha! Looks like a headlamp. Badass photo by Miguel.
Ah, yes - headlamp. Looks like an oxygen mask, especially with those straps on top of th epack that look like tubes.

Bada$$ photo.
yoskolo

Post by yoskolo »

Whoo! I can't wait.
In other news, I'm taking an avalanche course (level one) through SMC. Here's the link in case anyone wants to join me:
http://www.sierramountaincenter.com/win ... rses1.html
I'm taking the romantic Valentines Day weekend session: Feb 14-16
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Alex - I would so much like to join ya, but $$$$ is tight. Especialyl when I still need to buy some shtuff for Shasta.

Should be fun times though. In a couple months I'll be taking there mini alpine camp. I sort of got my priorities mixed-up though. I'm taking the mini alpine camp (which covers some of the level I avi course) after I do Shasta. Make sense don't it? :shock:

Have fun up there. Which inflatable you taking up there with you? Sally or Missy?

:lol: :lol:
Zach

Post by Zach »

EnFuego wrote: Which inflatable you taking up there with you? Sally or Missy?

:lol: :lol:
ouch! that's harsh
Rick Kent

Post by Rick Kent »

Ya that's me on Casaval Ridge a couple years ago. That is my headlamp. I think this was shortly before reaching the Catwalk. A few places were fairly steep and the snow was hard (no chance of self-arrest if you slipped). Visibility was limited. The weather was a bit questionable. Someone got lost and went missing that same day. It was very disorienting. Even my GPS flipped out and became useless. Awesome climb though.

Here's a link to the photos I took that day -- not the greatest though because of the conditions.

http://www.rickkent.net/ViewerPlus/view ... lderID=581
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Rick - cool pics. I dig Photo #6074. The rocks look gnarly and the leash on your axe is almost blowing straight out.

I hope to be there sometime early April if everything goes well between now and then.

Thanks for sharing.

By the way, I've been looking on Summitpost for other Alpine style climbs locally, and you're all over. I've seen you site as well. Awesome climbing.

Maybe we should start calling you Clark Kent. :lol:

~EnFuego
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

EnFuego wrote:Maybe we should start calling you Clark Kent.
I think we determined at one point that Clark is Rick's weaker little brother.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Zach wrote:The caption to this picture read, " Rick Kent at approx. 11,900' on Casaval Ridge: April 8, 2007 (Photo: Miguel Forjan)."

Rick is this you? That's a SICK photo!

And he did it in a Marmot Precip, no less. :lol: