Crystal Lake

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Zach

Post by Zach »

So with all the talk about Crystal Lake being opened in the near future we should plan a hike in to enjoy it before it gets completely run down again. Maybe, take some "before" shots so we can compare with the "after."

Are we even allowed to hike in and camp for a night or would this have to be "covert?"
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Maybe we can meet at the infamous SGMDF "Bat Cave"(http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo34 ... ure032.jpg) and go from there?

Covert sounds better - secret hiking society.

Let's plan it.

If that area was open now we could use it to do some "Pre-Death March" scouting of South Hawkins and Rattlesnake Peak from the other side.

:D
yoskolo

Post by yoskolo »

Hmm...
I'd be wary of camping anywhere called Crystal Lake.
You might run into this guy!

Zach

Post by Zach »

Is that david hasselhoff's body with a Mini-Me head? :shock:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Wow, that's an odd face.

I'm up. Gotsta bring sum dem rawk shooz.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Where would one park over night so as to minimalize the possibility of auto break in? Maybe a certain "person" on this site may be able to let us in past the locked gate so we can ditch the cars back there and avoid the possible "break in". Maybe I can convince this certain "person" with a nicely filled "picnic basket" for his troubles.

So, Mr "Person", if you happen to be reading this post, send me a PM letting me know the possibilities of a few of us getting past the locked gate.

Once at Crystal Lake, what would the itinerary be? I haven't been there in so long, I don't remember what there is to do. I remember as a kid, a girl named Sally, but I doubt she is still there. Oh, those were the days. :shock:

Keep me posted. If this happens mid to late march, I'm in. Otherwise, Yoskolo and I are planing some wintery shtuff.

~EnFuego