Mt. Wilson via Jones, Hastings Peak tomorrow

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Liz

Post by Liz »

I'm planning on repeating a loop I did last Saturday. It was a great workout, and since it was my first 15+ miler in about 6 weeks, it was a little more challenging than it should be for me. So, the stubborn, strong girl in me has decided to do it again and feel better! I'm going up Wilson, via Bailey Canyon, over a ridge, tagging Hastings Peak, and then down the Mt. Wilson trail. I'm wondering if I'll see any of you folks on the trail?
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Hi, Liz,

I'll be in the area, but a few canyons west of you. I'm still rehabbing my knee, so no tough hikes for me right now.

Happy hiking,

Jim
Liz

Post by Liz »

Hi Hikin' Jim!

When I get to Hastings Peak, I'll look to the west and wave at you! Ha ha! Happy hiking tomorrow!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Liz wrote:Hi Hikin' Jim!

When I get to Hastings Peak, I'll look to the west and wave at you! Ha ha! Happy hiking tomorrow!
And I likewise. :D
Liz

Post by Liz »

Hi Hikin' Jim! I had great time hiking that loop today. When I stood atop of Hastings Peak, I did wave at you and even said "Hi Hikin' Jim." Ha ha! Did your ears ring? I hope you had a nice hike today too. I hope to meet you in person some day! Cheers!
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

There is a good newbie canyoneer route in Bailey Canyon, leaves from the foundation about 2.1 miles (2410ft) from the parking lot

http://www.dankat.com/advents/bailey.htm

This is a father and son trip we took last January 20th (2008)

http://picasaweb.google.com/mattmaxon91040/2008_01_20#

Matt
Liz

Post by Liz »

Cool pics, Matt! Looks like a good time. I'm just a hiking dork who sticks to trails, no ropes in my life so far...
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Liz wrote:Hi Hikin' Jim! I had great time hiking that loop today. When I stood atop of Hastings Peak, I did wave at you and even said "Hi Hikin' Jim." Ha ha! Did your ears ring? I hope you had a nice hike today too. I hope to meet you in person some day! Cheers!
My ears were definitely burning. :) Glad you had a good hike. My hike was fun too, but can't wait to get the knee up to speed so I can do some "real" hiking again, or better yet XC skiing. :D