Mt Wilson from Chantry Flat 12-7-08

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

I have been traveling a lot lately and missed hiking in November entirely. I decided to start back up modestly on the Sturdevant trail to Mt. Wilson, returning via Upper Winter Creek. It was cloudy and on the verge of rain most of the time. In fact, it was drizzling a bit on top. Combined with the 45 degree temperature, it discouraged hanging out on top for long. (I would have had to dig something out of my pack to put over my soaking wet T-shirt (no contest or award for that today -- trust me). I finished up in the dark, although I did have the help of my headlamp. Total time was 4:03. No pictures -- forgot to bring a camera.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Nice way to get back into things. Were you worried that the gates might have been closed since it was dark when you returned?
AlanK wrote:No pictures...
Fail!
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

HikeUp wrote:Nice way to get back into things. Were you worried that the gates might have been closed since it was dark when you returned?
I was sure that they didn't close until later. However, on the way down I started to wonder where I heard that. Turns out they were open. There were even a couple of cars in the lot, so I was not the last one out.

Still, it's probably a good idea to plan better than that!
HikeUp wrote:
AlanK wrote:No pictures...
Fail!
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

AlanK wrote:I have been traveling a lot lately and missed hiking in November entirely.
I have been wondering why we've seen so few posts from you lately. I was starting to think that banning F.O. took all the challenge out of the forum for you. :wink:
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Hikin_Jim wrote:
AlanK wrote:I have been traveling a lot lately and missed hiking in November entirely.
I have been wondering why we've seen so few posts from you lately. I was starting to think that banning F.O. took all the challenge out of the forum for you. :wink:
Posting is not the same when there is not a guaranteed repetitive attack waiting in the wings. Plus, I have completely lost track of how USC is doing.

But hey, FO still has 13% of the total posts on this board... and he joined late.