Post your Ride

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
everyday

Post by everyday »

It cant be all rodents, ive never had an issue with squirels n chipmunks and stuff, So Marmots EAT your CAR!??? thats messed up :(
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Stainless steel braided hoses are the way to go for regulars. Plus, one can add a smug air of nonchalance while passing those that are constructing chicken wire fortresses around their vehicles.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

They smell the sweetness of the coolant/anti-freeze and gnaw through the rubber to get at it.
everyday

Post by everyday »

How do they get past the undercarriage guard ? I have to remove like 10 bolts from front side n middle to remove it to get any access at all to hoses or anything from underneath. the only thing it doesnt cover is my oil filter n bottom of pan. I dont see how anything bigger than a mouse could get in :?
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Yup, what Matt and Packer Greg said.

The vehicles in the pictures are using tarps. Others use the chicken wire set-up. I've seen plywood, too. The problem is worse in the spring. The marmots are not as bad in summer.
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

everyday wrote: It cant be all rodents, ive never had an issue with squirels n chipmunks and stuff, So Marmots EAT your CAR!??? thats messed up :(
Leaving trail maintaining equipment out in the forest I've had all sorts of trouble having RODENTS chewing & gnawing on all sorts of things

They seem to especially favor the foam in ear protectors also leather gloves
everyday

Post by everyday »

Ya. i see they hav tarps n crap. What im saying is, the undercarriage guard, that comes ON your CAR from dealership to keep rocks, water etc from hitting hoses, belts, fan, CV boots, air intake....I cant even fit a finger through it to even touch a hose or wiring. How could a big marmot get past it. I cant get past it when my cars on the lift, without a socket-set to remove it. it shields entire front part of car like a huge plate thats bolted flush to the under-body of car, side to side. Its a huge hard, thing, that covers the entire bottom of car to keep engine parts safe. Im just wondering how theyd get through it. :)

Or do some cars not hav this? (though thats hard to believe, itd leave the engine exposed to all kindsa dammage id think...and let water on th cai..)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Dunno how the Marmots do it, but I wasn't taking any chances. If you look closely at my photo, you'll see rocks around the car. Those rocks are holding down chicken wire which is surrounding the car like a skirt.

HJ
everyday

Post by everyday »

Maybe they're magic marmots! Or maybe they have thier own socket-set they stole from another car :lol: --Im guessin though that maybe alotta cars just dont hav the big stock under-carriage guards like mine, ive seen other 'ludes without em, so...
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Yeah, it's probably a conspiracy by the International Tarp & Poultry Netting cartel; or maybe just a scam conjured by that guy I saw in the parking lot selling radiator hoses out of the back of a van.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Who knew that marmots liked Japanese food.
everyday

Post by everyday »

back on topic...heres the other car, 2001 IS300 (my dads, but when its here in palm springs i use it for long trips, grocery-getting, and sometimes take it up hwy 74 for fun night cruises 8) ...almost drifted her off the edge one night but somehow saved it, my dad woulda been so mad! lol so i dont push it so much now since i dont own it...yet) -usually much cleaner, but this was taken right after 700mile trip to nor cal n back

a lil cleaner here :)

PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

At Sturtevant's Camp...

everyday

Post by everyday »

whats your horses name? :)
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

She's actually a former ride - now retired. Her bio is here: http://www.adamspackstation.com/FamilyP ... iskey.html
Illusive

Post by Illusive »

Pic of the sti with some snow on its face.

Should show up when photobucket isn't down.
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

2008 Jeep Patriot: 2.4 litre 4cyl, CVT, front-wheel drive. Just shy of 100 K miles. Thought long and hard about manual vs. 4WD vs. FWD, but I commute in this baby and the MPG penalty was a consideration. still good for 25 - 28 MPG.
everyday

Post by everyday »

ha. nice license plate.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Nice touch on the license plate.

HJ
Logan

Post by Logan »

Fart Baron

Post by Fart Baron »

The grey one is mine.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Crap. All crap.
Fart Baron

Post by Fart Baron »

The glistening sparkle hearts that are attached to your post only serve to make your words hurt more deeply. :cry:
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Fart Baron wrote: The glistening sparkle hearts that are attached to your post only serve to make your words hurt more deeply. :cry:
:lol:
Taco

Post by Taco »

<3 <3 <3 :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :!:
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

I just love this photo! :lol:

Wouldn't need Sherlock Holmes to figure out what era it was taken in.

I half expect to see Austin Powers

PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

I don't think that guy's getting a date no matter how cool his go cart is.
Taco

Post by Taco »

What the hell is that?
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

Taco wrote: What the hell is that?
I was going through Documerica: EPA Flickr Archives, there's some good stuff... Some hilarious stuff, some sobering stuff, and lots of boring stuff
Taco

Post by Taco »

That's a rather depressing set of photos. :?