WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE: The Register Ripper

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

Known only as "The Register Ripper", this person is responsible for the malicious ripping of the Wright Mountain summit register book, of which pieces were recently discovered scattered around the mountain. The Ripper is also suspected of destroying other register books, including one on Kratka Ridge.

Any information leading to the identification of this person will be greatly appreciated. Please IM me with any tips.

Pieces of the Wright Mtn register

Partially reassembled pages
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

:evil: :evil:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Silly.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Mt. Burnham register remnants from 2009...
3802317960_fbaacd6eb6_o.jpg
David R
OG of the SG

Post by David R »

The issue is they don't feel like registers belong in the "pristine" wilderness and then leave the remnants for all to see, odd.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

This sticker on the building atop Josephine cracked me up...

"Sierra Club - Please don't be hypocritical. Stop polluting the mountains with your gas-guzzling SUV's - Thank you"

I'm sure they hiked all the way from their house in Orange County to the top of Josephine to put this sticker on the door.

joe.jpg
Sean
Cucamonga

Post by Sean »

David R wrote: The issue is they don't feel like registers belong in the "pristine" wilderness and then leave the remnants for all to see, odd.
Yes, the M.O. seems confused. If it's a radical environmentalist, why are they littering? And if they're trying to send a message to the Sierra Club, why don't they leave the pieces in the can and write a note of their own?

My guess is that the Ripper is a very shy person who usually hikes alone and has some grievance with the Sierra Club, but fears direct confrontation.
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

HikeUp wrote: This sticker on the building atop Josephine cracked me up...

"Sierra Club - Please don't be hypocritical. Stop polluting the mountains with your gas-guzzling SUV's - Thank you"

I'm sure they hiked all the way from their house in Orange County to the top of Josephine to put this sticker on the door.

joe.jpg
Because of Sierra Club lists, I've driven an extra 15,000 miles over the years. Isn't it ironic, don't you think? Who would've thought, it figures.