Yosemite valley to Sunrise Lakes to Clouds Rest

Archived TRs for Sierra Nevada ranges.
everyday

Post by everyday »

had yesterday off work so i went up to run around in the high country. walked from the valley here, up to little Yosemite valley, then up to sunrise camp meadow, then ran over to sunrise lakes, then over to clouds rest n up to the top of that, then ran back down to the lil yo' valley again and back home. had a really good time! hit some trails i hadnt before and ide never been up clouds rest befor either. was pretty neat. miles 27+ ele gain 10,234, time 9hr moving + 1 resting, 10hr 15 min total, that includes eating, pics n water refill breaks. i carried a 5 lb pack, with juices, cookies n fritos ( I carried more than i used, coulda gone with only 3lbs of stuff in my pack, but i didnt know the trails, so i over compensated)

Heres the Garmin link so you can see where that is and elevation n time n stuff.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/338030517

and heres pix

Mnt Clark from sunrise creek trail

on the hill headin into sunrise meadow (the 9700ft hill! ha)

ive only gone 10 miles, but have gained 6000ft (started at my house at 3900ft)

cathedral peak out there

Melvin! the adventure squirrel! out by sunrise lakes

beautiful running trails at 9000ft! i love runnin up high! weeee!

more lakes

headin uo to clouds rest now

Tenaya lake out there

the half dome from the other side (from the north, lookin towards Glacier Point)

on zoom on my cheap lil camera

dont trip here, youll fall more than 5000 feet...the trail here is bout 5 ft wide :)

east

dome and el cap far away

and back down to flat forest n a deer

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Nice run ED. I like that area around Cathedral Peak. I'll have to venture out to the Sunrise Lakes one of these days.
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Great photos! Some of those peaks look super jaggy.

Mount Clark trivia from Wikipedia:
It is named for Galen Clark, an early explorer and the first guardian of Yosemite National Park. The Clark Range, also named for Galen Clark, is a sub-range of the Sierra Nevada. Before it was given its present name, it was known as Gothic Peak and then The Obelisk.

It looks like a Gothic Peak.