Los Padres

Archived TRs for the Los Padres National Forest.
longcut

Post by longcut »

Got out with a couple friends to enjoy the weather. Idylhour plans were cancelled last minute due to mudslide potential, so we headed for Los Padres instead. Conditions were quite awful, 6 inches of slush, alternating rain and snow, not a stick of dry wood anywhere. Still, I was in good company, and whiskey took care of the rest. been playing with photo filters lately, kinda fun. never posted photos here before so Im prepared to screw this up royally.

longcut

Post by longcut »

weird. one of my photos got an error when i tried to upload it. why?
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

See...I knew I should not wussed out! I should've gone backpacking too...

Those photos just got me all jelly...:oops:
longcut

Post by longcut »

thanks mangus! I was definitely glad I hung in there on this one and did not call it off. Ive always noticed that the less comfortable trips are the ones we recall most fondly.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Nice one longcut. Is that a can of High Life I detect in a couple of your pics?
longcut

Post by longcut »

Yes Uncle Rico, I believe that would be correct. We swing wildly from carrying a spartan kit and only instant coffee and whiskey in a plastic bottle for comfort... to just all out hicks carrying coors, menudo, three kinds of whiskey in glass bottles, etc. I never know if I'll be the only one showing up with an ultralight rig and sleeping under a tarp, or if I'll be the only one showing up with steaks and fresh produce for the fire. :)