2011-08-01 - Willett Hot Springs - Sespe Wilderness

Archived TRs for the Los Padres National Forest.
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

link to pix here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/bardley.sm ... 01_Willett
last two images = trip report
norma r

Post by norma r »

Nice hike and photos Bradley! I would have been a puddle with that heat. Would be fun to visit the springs when it's winter cool out there.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Very nice, I'm with Norma, that heat kills me, you'd of found me hiding under a tree after the first 8 miles. Picture make the place look like fun, what's the elevation for that hike, Start? Middle? High point? Thanks for sharing this :D
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

lilbitmo wrote: Very nice, I'm with Norma, that heat kills me, you'd of found me hiding under a tree after the first 8 miles. Picture make the place look like fun, what's the elevation for that hike, Start? Middle? High point? Thanks for sharing this :D
- the piedra blanca trailhead elevation = ~ 3000'
- willett campsite = ~ 2600'
- willett hot springs (where the tub is) = ~ 3000'
- so, it's an overall downhill hike out - with some up and down in the last 4 miles - and then it's about a 400' uphill to the tub in a little less than 1/2 mile.
- the difficulty for most folks would be the water crossings, length = 21 + miles in and out, ambient summer temps ( 90s ), and starting in the dark and returning in the dark during winter
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Nice, clear photos. What program are you using to insert text into the photos?

Very good travel log feel to the photos. Nice detail; nice TR.

HJ
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

Hikin_Jim wrote: Nice, clear photos. What program are you using to insert text into the photos?

Very good travel log feel to the photos. Nice detail; nice TR.

HJ
thank you for your compliments.

i use microsoft 'paint' for labeling the pix.

if a photo needs a bit of work - i try to not do any other editing - i use 'paint.net.' it does a whole lot more than i can do.