San Jacinto Alpine Routes (Aside from Snow Creek)

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Whenever I go past San Jacinto, I always wonder how beautiful and badass the various ridges coming off the north face look. I'm thinking of doing Snow Creek next spring, or whenever conditions are optimal for snow/ice, and it got me thinking about the tons of other possibilities on the mountain. Some of those ridges look simply amazing, and quite technical.

I've heard of folks climbing up under the tram, and that it's not legal (post 9/11, easy to understand, sorta).

Anybody ever tried these? Any info (not legal, very fun, etc)

-Ryan
Travis

Post by Travis »

I have heard of a good route up Snow Creek Gully. There is a trip being lead by www.outdoorsclub.org up the North Side of the mountain on 11/4. The leader also says he plas to lead anotehr trip up the trailless Snow Creek Gully after there is snow,
Cy Kaicener

Post by Cy Kaicener »

I have heard that the ridge north of the tramway has been climbed. Thats where the telephone (or telegraph) poles are. There are a couple of spots where you need a rope from what I could see from the tram.. There is no trip report that I could find.
Here is an amazing trip report on Snow Creek
http://home.flash.net/~cfoster2/climbin ... Creek.html
Taco

Post by Taco »

I'm planning on Snow Creek whenever conditions are good, coming up, probably April from what folks have been saying. Whenever the snow is hard and there's less of a chance of postholing. I scoured the net and read all them there trip reports... which just showed me more things to look at when I last drove by (and missed my turn to Jtree, more gawking).

The harder and more technical-without-being-rediculous the route is, the better. :)

The ridgeline on the right side of Snow Creek really caught my eye. It looks beautiful.